The full tracklisting:
2. Alright, Alright
3. Different Devil
4. Up Next
5. Lighten Up
6. Come Closer
7. Three and a Half Letters
9. Dubai Blues
10. Something Going Wrong
No stranger to the crème de la crème of iconic rock records, Shirley’s produced albums for Iron Maiden, Joe Bonamassa, Black Country Communion, Black Stone Cherry and Journey.
"We still feel we have one hell of a rock record to make" says Europe's singer Joey Tempest. "Kevin’s the man for the job. We love his work with Bonamassa, Black Country Communion, and Black Stone Cherry. He's the real deal. We're ready to do some serious damage."
Last week Europe met up with Shirley in Stockholm to discuss the direction of the next album. Based on reactions from the fans and media, Europe's 2009 album ‘Last Look at Eden’ proved to be the band's most important record since ‘The Final Countdown’. “I’ve been a big fan of Europe's work for many years," says Shirley. “The band is influential and highly underrated. I can't wait to make the upcoming album their most explosive to date."
After summer 2011, Europe will finish the promotion of 'Last Look at Eden' tour, and will start to focus their energy on the next album produced by Shirley. “We've toured for one and a half years" adds Tempest. "It’s time to write and record some new songs and get back on the road again in 2012."
The new material suggests a more straight forward rock approach evident in ‘Doghouse’ - a new song Europe performed on their recent UK tour. The song is also featured on Europe’s upcoming ‘Europe: Live at Shepherd’s Bush’ DVD, released August 2011 on earMUSIC CDs and DVDs.
earMUSIC is also about to release a limited deluxe book with pictures be Denis O'Regan. "Live Look At Eden" features exclusive live audio and the stunning performance at last year iTunes Festival in London.
New Studio Album, FLY FROM HERE, hits the charts in Europe and is released in North America on July 12th
"Fly From Here” debuted in several national European charts on
# 14 in Germany
# 30 in the UK
# 31 in Sweden
# 39 in Switzerland
# 43 in the Netherlands
is currently #5 on iTunes Rock Album Charts.
YES is Benoit David on vocals (his first studio recording with YES), Steve Howe on guitars/vocals, founder Chris Squire on bass/vocals, Geoff Downes on keyboards and Alan White on drums.
The band recently kicked off their summer tour on July 4th in Philadelphia, USA. In support of Fly From Here, YES will be bringing new music as well as their classic hits to their loyal following.
First formed in 1968, YES’ remarkable career spans over 40 years and the band has time and again redefined the boundaries of rock music. YES has sold nearly 50 million albums worldwide and continues to stretch the boundaries of progressive art-rock with their symphonic use of sound and innovative musical styles.
YES & Styx North American Tour 2011
Date City Venue
July 14th Alpharetta, GA Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
July 15th Orange Beach, AL Amphitheater at the Wharf
July 16th Nashville, TN Woods Amphitheater at Fontanel
July 18th Kansas City, MO Starlight Theatre
July 19th Noblesville, IN Verizon Wireless Music Center
July 20th Clarkston, MI DTE Energy Music Theater
July 22nd Thackerville, OK WinStar Casino
July 23rd Oklahoma City, OK Zoo Amphitheater
July 24th Maryland Heights, MO Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
July 26th Morrison, CO Red Rocks Amphitheatre
July 28th Eagle, ID Eagle River Pavilion
July 29th Redmond, WA Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery
July 30th Goldendale, WA Maryhill Winery
August 3rd Mountain View, CA Shoreline Amphitheatre
A STAR-STUDDED DIGITAL MUSIC BENEFIT COMPILATION IS NOW AVAILABLE
EXCLUSIVELY ON THE ITUNES STORE
DOWNLOAD FOR GOOD features 33 renowned artists from around the world spanning Pop, Latin, Electronic, Rock, World, Indie, Hip-hop and Classical who have come together to express their support for the foundation and its visionary director. Artists include:
“The artists who have shared their music are spreading happiness," explains DAVID LYNCH. “With their music alone they’re supporting programs that take away suffering and bring bliss to many people. When you download these songs, you’ll get to enjoy great music and also know that you are bringing happiness to someone, somewhere in the world. Great artists, great mood, great music, great good is going to come. I encourage you to download for good."
All artists and label proceeds from DOWNLOAD FOR GOOD support the David Lynch Foundation
1) Ozomatli, “MONSTER”
2) Iggy Pop, “Milk Cow Blues”
3) Pink Jaffee with Jakob Dylan & Daryl Hannah, “Wont You Stay”
4) Maroon 5, “The Air I Breathe”
5) Arrested Development, “Let It Go”
6) Peter Gabriel, “Curtains”
7) Carmen Rizzo with Grant-Lee Phillips, “Bring the Mountain Down”
8) Donovan, “Listen”
9) Heather Nova, “Doubled Up”
10) Andy Summers with Geeta Novotny, “Ave Maria”
11) Dave Stewart, “Man To Man”
12) Mary Hopkin, “Gold and Silver”
13) Tom Waits, “The Briar and The Rose” (Live)
14) Ben Folds, “Wild Mountain Thyme”
15) Slightly Stoopid with Don Carlos, “Wiseman” (Live at Black Water)
16) Salman Ahmad with Valerie Geffner, “Natchoon Gi”
17) Neon Trees, “Animal” (DJs From Mars Remix)
18) Au Revoir Simone, “Boys Of Summer”
19) Alanis Morissette, “20/20”
20) Ben Lee, “Food For The Moon”
21) Waterboys, “In The Beginning Was Love”
22) Moby, “The Poison Tree”
23) The Charlatans, “The Only One I Know” (RMX with Factory Floor)
24) Julio Iglesias Jr., “Geronimo”
25) Nancy Sinatra, “End of the World" (Remix)
26) Special Beat with Pauline Black, "Nightclub" (Live)
27) Peter & Gordon, “True Love Ways” (Live)
28) Band From TV, “I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free”
29) Phil Soussan, “Shot In The Dark”
30) Rodrigo y Gabriela, “Satori” (Live)
31) Patricia Kaas, “Ddicte Aux Heroines” (Remix)
32) EMIN, “All I Need Tonight”
33) Amanda Palmer, “In My Mind” (Alternative Mix)
For more information on DAVID LYNCH FOUNDATION MUSIC visit: