Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2012

News Update for Monday October 29th, 2012


Hi folks,
Hope you had a great weekend, we had a pretty good one, although didn't make the Geoff Tate solo gig on Saturday night. Too much personal stuff going on, so had to pull out, but spent some good time with good friends and our family.
Interesting week ahead, although wishing our weekends could all be three day weekends each week.
Don't our employers get enough out of us every day already?!  
Asia play Detroit on Thursday night, would like to go, but don't know if it will happen ...
Anyway, enough of my 'jabba' enjoy your week, have a good one.
Cheers, Al
 
 
Announcing Bon Jovi: Because We Can - The Tour
 
 
 
 
The best just got bigger!
Bringing their signature brand of rock ‘n’ roll back to the people, Bon Jovi will hit the road in 2013 to fill stadiums and arenas worldwide with Bon Jovi Because We Can – The Tour.Blazing a trail across the globe, the tour will kick off in North America in February, just in time for Valentine’s Day, and travel throughout Europe, the Far East, Africa, Latin America and Australia. The band’s return to the road in 2013 will cap an incredible run which has secured Bon Jovi’s status as the essential live rock band – having performed more than 2,700 concerts in over 50 countries for more than 35 million fans, and earning the #1 grossing worldwide tour twice in just three years.
Check this out on You Tube:
 

Because We Can – The Tour will also debut brand new songs from new album 'What About Now,' due out in Spring 2013, loading even more ammunition into the band’s huge arsenal of hits including “Livin’ on a Prayer,” “You Give Love a Bad Name,” “Who Says You Can’t Go Home,” “It’s My Life,” and many more.
 
With Canadian dates already announced:
 
... And European dates imminent, what more could you ask?!
 
For more details go to:
 
 
 
 
Marco Mendoza Live in the UK
 
 

 
Folks and to Marco especially, so sorry for the late announcement on this.
Marco, so many emails and the one from your main man back at 'Marco base' ...., just got lost somewhere in the mix, but miss this guy at your peril!
 
Marco Mendoza is such a great player and genuine guy, a great, no GREAT player, such class and such a genuine nice guy, Marco my friend I'm so sorry I did not post this sooner ...
 
The man has already played half of his current UK tour dates, to great response but it's not quite over yet ....
Here are the remaining dates:
 
31 October: Southampton, Talking Heads

www.thetalkingheads.co.uk

1 November: Bournemouth, The Anvil

www.theanvilbournemouth.co.uk
 
Go and see him, the man has played in Whitesnake, Thin Lizzy, Soul SirkUS and Ted Nugent to name just a few, but he's jammed with so many more and he's told me that there is an album in the works with Neal Schon and Dean Castronova, yes, the Journey guys!
Expect a class show folks, I'm telling you it will be good!


Marco's home page is:


 
Rock News Briefs


Jack Blades appearing on "Celebrity Ghost Stories"

Night Ranger / Damn Yankees fans, don't miss Jack Blades making an appearance on "Celebrity Ghost Stories", as he comes face to face with the spirits of Native American warriors out for revenge. 
The episode will air on the Biography Network on Saturday, November 10th at 9pm EST / 8pm Central (check your local listings).
 Set your DVRs now!  Do you believe?


Meantime, don't forget to check out the latest 'Unplugged' live DVD / CD from Night Ranger, '24 Strings and a Drummer.'
It was released just last week and it's well worth checking out!


Here's 'You Can Still Rock In America,' on You Tube ... Very cool!http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=txSm6sonILM

Weblinks:
http://www.nightranger.com/
http://www.jackblades.net/



Scott Gorham on new Thin Lizzy book




Thin Lizzy's Scott Gorham has blessed the new book on Thin Lizzy turbulent career, 'The Boys Are Back In Town,' written by renowned journalist Harry Doherty, by contributing the books foreword.

Here's what Scott has to say about starting with Lizzy and where it went from there:

When I moved to London from California back in 1974, I didn't really have a clue what the future held for me.  I just knew I wanted to get outta there, get my life in order and join a band, hopefully with my then brother-in-law, Bob C. Benberg.

Well, it didn‚t turn out that way, but what did arrive, just before I was due to head back to the States, was an offer to come to an audition for a band called Thin Lizzy, and I had never heard of  them. But I loved their music, and teamed up with Brian Robertson for what would be a crazy, crazy rock 'n' roll ride.

 In the years that followed, we trail blazed around the world, hardly stopping for breath. The downside was that Phil (Lynott) and I became involved with heavy drugs.
We were big buddies and would do everything together, so it was a shock to him when one day, when I decided that I couldn't continue with the drugs any more and realised that the only way out was to quit the band.

Phil was devastated and continued touring for another two years.
But it was something I had to do for my own sanity, my health and the well being of my family.
But I missed my buddy, and when I returned from Los Angeles having kicked the habit, I checked him out and we talked about the past and the future, maybe getting the band back together,
 but, man, he looked terrible.


 A couple of weeks later, we got the phone call that he was in hospital and then passed away. I was distraught. How could this happen?
My best friend had died.

 Since then, along with the Thin Lizzy Trust, I have managed to gain some control of our legacy, hence the remixes and the tours we have undertaken since 1996. It's a legacy worth protecting and now a whole new generation knows what Thin Lizzy and particularly the music, was all about.

 Harry Doherty has collaborated with me on this book. He is the man to tell the story.
He has been writing about the band ever since I joined and has stayed faithful ever since.
Scott Gorham


Thin Lizzy website:
http://www.thinlizzyband.com/



 Journey cancel another show, this time due to Hurricane Sandy


Journey with special guests Pat Benatar featuring Neil Geraldo and Loverboy scheduled for October 30th at Barclays Center is cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy.

All on-line and phone credit card orders will be automatically refunded.

Remaining refunds available at point of purchase.

Official website:
http://www.journeymusic.com


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment